Are you tired of the sun’s rays burning into your house? Want to add another layer of protection to keep your windows safe? Well then, window tinting is the solution for you!
What are Window Tints?
Window tints can essentially turn your house into a safe haven — and a fashionable one at that. But, the question is, what exactly are they? Simply put, any layer of lamination that goes up against a glass surface is a window tint. On a deeper level, however, it’s so much more.
Window films come in so many different shapes and sizes. They help to elevate your living space and also offer temperature control. With such high resistance power, you can easily keep the harmful UV rays from penetrating your house. Not to mention you can enjoy complete privacy from inside your four walls. Window films can also extend your furniture’s life, preventing it from quickly fading out.
How Long do Window Tints Last?
With various films to choose from, you can keep your surroundings fresh and enjoy a little aesthetic appeal every now and then. But, just like every beautiful thing, window tints require maintenance. With enough care, you can get your windows to look elegant for up to 20 years. However, it’s up to you and how you care for it. If neglected, window films can whither in just a year for some.
5 Helpful Tips for Window Tint Maintenance
If you’ve noticed splotches on your windows or the film edges curling up, then that’s a sign of your window tint living through its last moments. When window films aren’t given proper care, they can form pockets of water sandwiched between them and the glass. At times, dust and grime can gather around the exposed spaces, creating black outlines. Due to this, it is crucial you take care of your window tints. Follow these simple tips so your window tints can last long.
- Be Patient If your window tint has just been installed, give it a few weeks to cure. Don’t immediately get started on the cleaning process before letting it set.
- Clean at a Set Time Never clean your windows in the morning, especially when the sun is at its highest. Instead, opt for evening or nighttime for trouble-free cleaning.
- Clean Regularly Make sure you clean your windows regularly. Slacking off can cause window films to loosen their hold, especially since grease easily gathers around such vulnerable spots. Just wipe off the place with soapy water if you notice anything unseemly.
- Use Proper Tools Avoid using steel wool or a scrubbing sponge. Alternatively, you can go for a micro-fiber cloth so there are no scratches. Even lighter items like newspaper and paper towels can irritate the tint.
- Do Not Let it Stay Wet The one thing you need to look out for is your windows staying dry at all times. Do not let any moisture build-up by preventing them from getting wet. Use a dry cloth to wipe down as soon as you’re done cleaning.
The Final Takeaway
In the end, the longevity of your window tints is in your hands. Clean your windows every month or so. You should also make sure you don’t use any toxic substances that could weaken or harm the lamination. Want to know more? Visit Sun Masters or call 281-351-4363 to get the finest window tinting in Houston, Texas.